WaterVentures Mobile Learning Lab
The WaterVentures Mobile Learning Lab was a very exciting project that was spearheaded by The Crystal Springs Foundation in partnership with Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water and Nestle Waters USA. Vislogix was brought in to provide a wide range of interactive technology and content for this highly unique traveling learning lab which intends to reach approximately 100,000 students in Florida in 2013 alone.
This 54-foot-long learning-lab-on-wheels was designed to serve as an interactive classroom that teaches kids about the importance of the water conservation by combining both tactile buttons and knobs that can be manipulated, along with multitouch touch screens, through-glass sensors, and custom designed multi-touch games that both engage and leave a lasting impression on the participants. Check out a short slideshow video below of the finished project.
Our installation scope for this project included:
- Multi-touch hardware technology to provide interactivity for the two large monitors
- Through-Glass Interactive Sensors that serve as a means to answer multiple choice questions on small monitors tucked behind a wall of acrylic.
- A custom designed multi-touch recycling game built in our EZtouch ICS platform that allows participants to drag recyclable objects to the correct bin within a
certain time limit. The goal of the game is to see how fast you can recycle all of the items that appear onscreen so as to try and build a playground.
- A custom designed multi-touch ‘Where Does Water Come From’ game built in our EZtouch ICS platform that teaches participants everything from evaporation to
percolation in a fun and engaging landscape that springs to life when correct touches are made.
- A removable 90″ exterior multi-pane projection display finished with our Vistique Snow front projection screen and related hardware.
- Several multi-touch monitors for the ‘Global Water Facts’ exhibit.
- Additional monitor hardware, engineering, design consulting, and component integration